I love my food. I love to cook, and I love my Sun Basket. Here is some of what I’ve been cooking lately. It’s really endless, and I know I’ll be posting more with other posts in the future.
- White Beans
- Chopped Olives
- Lemon Zest and juice
- 1 lb. Halibut, Cod, Rainbow Trout
- Marash Chile
- Mirepoix (celery, carrots, etc)
Recipe: In a large frying pan, stir in the mirepoix and season with salt and pepper if you want. Stir in the broccoli and garlic. Once they are softened, add the beans, white wine, and add a cup of water, bringing it to a boil. Reducing it to a simmer, add the olives and fish. Once cooked through, stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. You can garnish it with the chile and any other seasonings you desire. Once it’s all together, you can only imagine the taste unless you make it!
- Chopped Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Olives cut
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Recipe: Marinade onion in apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, and kale. Once warmed and mixed well, serve in separate bowls. Top with onion and marinade (optional), feta, anything else you prefer. I loved the clean taste of it.
These recipes were super easy and both are linked to Sun Basket. If you follow me on Instagram at @checkoutamanda or Facebook, be on the lookout for when I post $40 off your first Sun Basket messages! I do this every so often. The 20 minute meals are definitely worth it because your time is worth everything, and you deserve more time than prepping and cleaning. I highly recommend Sun Basket. I use them every day to help me in the meal department.
Here are my rules for clean eating:
- No processed foods! Anything coming in a package is not fresh or clean.
- Avoid sugar. As much as you can, to an extent. If you really have to sweeten, use raw honey or pure maple syrup.
- One Ingredient-this is key. If it has one ingredient, like meat, broccoli, or quinoa, then it’s probably clean.
- Cook. Stay home and cook! Most restaurants have highly processed foods.
- If you can’t pronounce the name, it’s probably not clean.
- Enjoy what you eat. Don’t torture yourself with awful tasting food. There are recipes out there that actually taste good and are clean. Do some research! (Or try Sun Basket)